Yorkshire Day in Whitby
Whitby Town Council provides your local services. We strive to make Whitby a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Apply to join North Yorkshire Local Access Forum
- Interested in rights of way and green spaces to explore and enjoy the countryside?
- Keen to help shape the future of rural and urban paths, and open access land?
- Able to represent land owners and managers, or access users, or other interests?
- Able to spare a morning every four months or so?
Apply to join the North Yorkshire Local Access Forum
North Yorkshire Local Access Forum are currently recruiting new members. People with a passion for the country side and interested in exploring their neighbourhoods are invited to apply. More »
The Forum is an independent body that advises North Yorkshire County Council, and other relevant bodies, on how people can make the most of opportunities for getting out and about in the great outdoors. It brings together representatives of land managers, users and other relevant fields or areas of interest to watch over and help shape the future of footpaths, bridleways, byways, open access land and other green spaces within North Yorkshire outside of the boundaries of the two National Parks.
If you feel that, in a voluntary capacity, you could contribute to the Forum's work by becoming involved as a Member
To ensure the Forum represents the varying aspects of 'access' both to the countryside and in urban areas, applicants are sought who are interested in any of the following:
- Walking and Rambling
- Land Owners, Managers and Farming
- Running and/or Orienteering
- Nature Conservation and Environment
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Rural / Local Business
- Equestrian pursuits (riding or driving)
- Motorised vehicle and motor bike use
- Health promotion
- Water based activities and sports
- Youth Services / Organisations
- Local Authority
- Disabled and Disadvantaged Groups
- Ethnic Minority Communities
- Public Transport
The closing date for applications is 8th November 2019. To apply, request an information pack and application form via email from: Melanie.Carr1@northyorks.gov.uk or telephone 01609 533849. » Less
Posted: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:27 by Pamela Dobson
The current Town Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer will be retiring on 30th June 2020. The Town Council are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced replacement. More information can be obtained by emailing for a recruitment pack to email@example.com
Posted: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 10:09 by Pamela Dobson
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return has been concluded. The relevant documents are attached.
Posted: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:29 by Pamela Dobson