Apply to Join North Yorkshire Access Forum
Apply to join North Yorkshire Local Access Forum
- Interested in rights of way and green spaces to explore and enjoy the countryside?
- Keen to help shape the future of rural and urban paths, and open access land?
- Able to represent land owners and managers, or access users, or other interests?
- Able to spare a morning every four months or so?
Apply to join the North Yorkshire Local Access Forum
North Yorkshire Local Access Forum are currently recruiting new members. People with a passion for the country side and interested in exploring their neighbourhoods are invited to apply.
The Forum is an independent body that advises North Yorkshire County Council, and other relevant bodies, on how people can make the most of opportunities for getting out and about in the great outdoors. It brings together representatives of land managers, users and other relevant fields or areas of interest to watch over and help shape the future of footpaths, bridleways, byways, open access land and other green spaces within North Yorkshire outside of the boundaries of the two National Parks.
If you feel that, in a voluntary capacity, you could contribute to the Forum's work by becoming involved as a Member
To ensure the Forum represents the varying aspects of 'access' both to the countryside and in urban areas, applicants are sought who are interested in any of the following:
- Walking and Rambling
- Land Owners, Managers and Farming
- Running and/or Orienteering
- Nature Conservation and Environment
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Rural / Local Business
- Equestrian pursuits (riding or driving)
- Motorised vehicle and motor bike use
- Health promotion
- Water based activities and sports
- Youth Services / Organisations
- Local Authority
- Disabled and Disadvantaged Groups
- Ethnic Minority Communities
- Public Transport
The closing date for applications is 8th November 2019. To apply, request an information pack and application form via email from: Melanie.Carr1@northyorks.gov.uk or telephone 01609 533849.
Posted: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:27 by Pamela Dobson